Saturday, February 21, 2015

Review: Unspoken


Unspoken
Unspoken by Dee Henderson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Bryce Bishop is a coin dealer who is bored - at least that's what he tells God in a brief prayer before his life changes drastically. Charlotte Graham is the inheritor of her Grandfather's vast, vast, estate and wealth. She has ALOT of coins to sell. But she is also the subject of the most infamous kidnapping in Chicago history. She was missing for four years before she was found and she has not spoken to anyone about what happened during those four years. She changed her identity and with the help of her friend and bodyguard she had rebuilt her life and found a profession she loved that allowed her to remain anonymous. Now she finds herself burdened with managing her grandfathers estate. After some detailed research she secretly approaches Bryce with the option of being the outlet she needs to sell her coins. The price of the coins is so good he can't pass up the opportunity. And so begins a relationship like none he has ever had.

I have been a fan of Dee Henderson's for years but this is not one of my favorites. I did like the relationship between Bryce and Charlotte and how patient and tender he was with her. And I felt for Charlotte and how ugly those four years of her life must have been. And I admired her strength of character and the way she was able to re-build her life. Her struggle with God was real and believable. And I loved the characters of her bodyguard John and her friend Ellie. They did so much to support her and keep her safe.

However, there were WAY too many details about the coins!! And I just felt like the vast wealth they talked about from her grandfather's estate was so unbelievable! Maybe because I just can't imagine having that much wealth...lol. I listened to this story on Audible and maybe that's why it seemed to just go on and on and on about the coins. If I had been reading a print copy, I probably would have skimmed the majority of the first part of the book.

All in all, it had a good story line that for the most part I enjoyed. It just could have been a little shorter with less details on the coins.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment