Saturday, February 21, 2015

Review: Deluge


Deluge
Deluge by Lisa Tawn Bergren

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



After reading the author's warning that there were going to be some deaths in this last book of the series I was hesitant to read it but I finally bit the bullet. I'm so glad I did!! I have LOVED this series and this book was just as good as the others.

Gabi, Lia, the knights they love (the Forellis), and their parents (the Bettarinis) have settled into a good life in medieval Italia after fighting off countless enemies. Gabi is about to have a baby and Lia and Luca are madly in love. But Lia is still fighting the fear of what will happen if she marries Luca and then the plague comes. How could she handle losing him and possibly a child? As the Black Death closes in upon them, they all struggle with their plans to seclude themselves to ride out the storm. Are they making the right decision? Could they or should they be doing more to help? And will the Plague reach them anyway?

If you liked the other books in this series, you'll like this one too. Yes, there are some really sad times but there are also some really good times and there are some twists that you won't see coming. And Lisa Tawn Bergren writes these stories with so much clarity and emotion that you just can't help being pulled in to the lives of the characters. This is one of the BEST medieval series I have ever read!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment