Friday, October 31, 2014

Review: The Pursuit of Lucy Banning


The Pursuit of Lucy Banning
The Pursuit of Lucy Banning by Olivia Newport

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I really liked this book. This author does a good job of drawing you in to the story and keeping you there. I liked how Lucy's character was portrayed. Even though she is from a wealthy family, she is not spoiled or uppity. She volunteers at an orphanage and befriends and helps the new maid. And she's determined to further her education. I didn't agree with the way she does it (going behind her parent's backs) but I know it was difficult in those days for a young woman (especially a wealthy one) to persuade her family that she needed further education. I like the way her Aunt Violet supports her. The romance in this book almost seemed to take second place but still added to the story with a twist that I didn't see coming. And the secondary character of Charlotte (the new maid) added intrigue.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment