Friday, October 31, 2014

Review: Matchmaker Weddings: Two Contempoary Romances Under One Cover


Matchmaker Weddings: Two Contempoary Romances Under One Cover
Matchmaker Weddings: Two Contempoary Romances Under One Cover by Annalisa Daughety

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I enjoyed this book. Both stories are about a couple who decide to "fake date" to get their family/friends off their backs about dating. I liked them both but I enjoyed the second one better.

In the first book, David and Millie decide to "fake date" to pacify her mother and try to stop his "stalker girlfriend"...lol. They find themselves falling in love and have to work through some issues from her past. I like the way David is so supportive of Millie even after she makes mistakes. I liked the family dynamics that developed between Millie's mom Eva and David's son Bart. I also liked the support Millie received from her "aunts". They were fun!

In the second book, Violet and Jackson agree to "fake date" so she'll have someone for her sister's wedding and he'll have someone for his high school reunion. One big hurdle is their past. They were classmates in college and Jackson caused Violet some serious problems. As they get to know each other again, she has to learn to trust the new man he's become. I like that Violet decides to pursue opening a business to do something she likes rather than being stuck in a job she didn't like and how Jackson supports her the whole way. One thing that was different about this story is that there are three different story lines in this one short story. Along with Violet and Jackson, you're also following Shadow's story and Violet's friend Reagan's story. That could get distracting.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment