Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review: Trapped (Private Justice #2)

Trapped (Private Justice Book #2)Trapped by Irene Hannon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When librarian Laura Griffith's sixteen-year-old sister disappears on a frigid February day, leaving only a brief note behind, Laura resolves to do whatever it takes to track down the runaway teen. That includes recruiting ATF agent turned PI James "Dev" Devlin to help. But the deeper he digs, the more he begins to suspect that something sinister is at work in the girl's disappearance. And the closer he gets to uncovering the truth, the clearer it becomes that the situation isn't just dangerous--it's deadly.

Chilling and at times terrifying, Trapped is the latest thrilling read from Irene Hannon, the queen of romantic suspense. Hannon outdoes herself with this fast-paced tale of fear, deception, and just the right dose of romance.

Talk about nail biting! I was on the edge of my seat and engaged in the story every chance I got. I was like, no! no! don't do that, don't go there, don't tell him that! I was listening to the audio version and several times I had to explain to my husband why I was groaning...LOL. I agree with other reviews that this was the best book of the three in this series. I felt like I was listening to an episode of Criminal Minds!

The author does a really good job in fleshing out the characters in this book. Laura and Darcy are half sisters who have grown up in different environments and are separated by an age gap. Laura stays strong throughout the book and Darcy does some growing up and changing, some of it forced upon her by her extreme circumstances. The bad guy is a complex mix of good and bad and psychotic and his story is sad. Dev and his team are willing to put their lives on the line for their client and go above and beyond to try to find and save Darcy.

All in all, this is a great book full of nail biting, edge of your seat suspense, a hero who saves the day and a behind the scenes slow romance that you'll be cheering for! :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment